Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The List...

4:30am.
Seems like a great time to be lying wide awake in bed creating the project list of everything I would like to get done before Baby M arrives in May, right? Unfortunately, I'm not talking just the baby room project list....
There are a few random things around the house I've been putting off for a while now- but I would LOVE to tackle it all before I'm distracted by all that baby awesomeness.... I think lists are so rewarding when you're able to cross stuff off, so here it goes. Baby M's nursery list first....
PAINT WALLS
INSTALL BEADBOARD
BUILD SHELF/ SHELVES
PAINT OR WALLPAPER CLOSET
CLEAN OR REPLACE CARPET
REPAINT BASEBOARDS AND DOOR
INSTALL NEW LIGHT
INSTALL SMALL CLOSET LIGHT
PURCHASE CHANGING PAD
PURCHASE CRIB
PURCHASE DRESSER
- IF NEEDED, BUILD CHANGING PAD FRAME FOR DRESSER
PURCHASE OR RE-COVER CHAIR
OTTOMAN?
TRUNK- REPLACE INSIDE/ CLEAN AND SEAL OUTSIDE
WINDOW- CREATE CURTAINS/ PURCHASE ROD 
CREATE CRIBSKIRT
CREATE OR PURCHASE CRIBSHEETS
CREATE PILLOWS
CREATE CHANGING PAD COVER
CREATE FABRIC BUNTING
CREATE BUNTING- LACE DOILIES DIY
LAMP- DIY PROJECT FOR SHADE & BASE
SEALER ON WIRE BASKETS & BIRDCAGES?
QUILT/BLANKET- PURCHASE? MOMS?

Ugh.... I feel like this list might grow. I know there are things I'm missing off of this list....and I already have an idea of small details I want to make/ purchase that I'm not going to list out in detail... but just know there's more. So here's a beginning list for the rest of the house. Sorry Mr. M- it's a never ending battle with this girl! 


MASTER BEDROOM:
 DUVET
CURTAINS
PILLOWS
CHAIR
MIRROR
 DETAILS OVER BED
FRAMED PRINT

MASTER BATHROOM:
SHOWER DOOR
WINDOW TREATMENT
CLEAN UP PAINT MISTAKES

LIVING ROOM:
CROWN MOLDING
REDO MANTLE DETAILS
REFINISH CHAIR (IF NOT USED IN NURSERY)
SIDEBOARD TABLE & BRING IN DOOR
MOVE BOOKSHELF
CURTAINS
THROW PILLOWS FOR COUCH
TV STAND (?)
REPAINT FRONT DOOR- INSIDE AND OUTSIDE


MAIN LEVEL HALF BATH:
FINISH PAINTING
WINDOW TREATMENT
MIRROR


KITCHEN:
REFINISH CABINETS
ADD BACKSPLASH
ADD CABINET KNOBS
SIMPLIFY ABOVE CABINETS
WINDOW TREATMENT
REFINISH DINING FURNITURE
SHELVING ABOVE DINING TABLE


UPSTAIRS SPARE BATHROOM:
REDO CABINET FINISH
CLEAN UP PAINT MISTAKES
NEW SHOWER CURTAIN & BATHMAT


RANDOM:
REDO SHELVING IN LAUNDRY CLOSET
CLEAN ALL CARPETS
CLEAN/REPAINT ALL BASEBOARDS
CLEAN ALL WINDOW BLINDS
CLEAN/REPAINT ALL WINDOW TRIM
FINISH BASEMENT BATHROOM PAINTING & DETAILS
BASEMENT LIVING SPACE (?) - MOVE METAL TABLE DOWN


See... told you he deserves some sympathy... and this is just all of the stuff floating around in my mind this am! I'm sure this list will be added to as I start on projects.... nothing like adding more before you finish! 
98 days. Think we can do it? I'm hoping I'll be able to wrangle family members to help with some of this stuff... we'll just have to see who loves me...

No comments:

Post a Comment